COME WORK WITH US!
BE PART OF BID.
The Mechanical Field Service Technician is a highly motivated professional working in the BID Group Service Division. As a key member of the technical team, you will be involved primarily in the servicing, maintaining and fine tuning of the state-of-the-art BID Group’s line of sawmill and planermill equipment. The ability to travel extensively to client’s sites and maintain a close working relationship with team members is a must in this role. We empower our people to do their very best and create an environment that will encourage new ideas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to and promote company safety standards.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with system.
- Carry-out scheduled service visits.
- Complete preventative maintenance following checklists and train clients on system
- Fine tune highly integrated scanning systems for customer specific needs.
- Provide remote & over-the-phone troubleshooting service in support of our call center.
- Extensive travel within North America.
- Complete timely & thorough service reports, timecards, expense reports, etc.
- Communicating with vendors, internal contacts and customers
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a diploma, degree or trade qualification in the electronics field or the equivalent experience
- Electronics/hardware troubleshooting and problem-solving skills on industrial equipment
- Hardware and software application knowledge
- Ability to travel to mill locations in North America
- Strong communication skills and customer oriented
- Capability of working under-pressure
- Experience working in an industrial environment is an asset
- Knowledge of lumber industry and/or lumber grading ticket is an asset
If you are interested in working with us, please send your resume today!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $40.00-$48.00 per hour
What we offer:
- Travelling required job on 13-8 rotation.
- Guaranteed minimum (8 hours / day in 13 / 8 rotation).
- 13th day: $4 / hour bonus.
- Automatic weekend overtime.
- Competitive wage.
- No relocation necessary.
- Will consider third-year millwright apprentices.