COME WORK WITH US!
BE PART OF BID.
The Control Engineer is a highly motivated professional working with the Automation Team. As a key member of the team, you will be involved extensively in programming, commissioning, field servicing, maintenance, fine-tuning, and controls upgrades to highly integrated complex electro-mechanical systems. These systems include variable frequency drives, hydraulics, pneumatics, controls devices, vision and scanning systems, and other sub-systems designed and integrated by BID Group. The ability to travel to customer’s sites and form a close working relationship with team members, engineering and project management departments is a must in this role. We empower our people to do their very best, and we strive to create a flexible and fun working environment that will encourage innovation and job satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to and promote company safety standards.
- Programming PLC/HMI systems for different types of industries.
- Assist project teams in on-site system commissioning, building your knowledge and relationship with customers.
- Complete on-site service, fine-tuning, and training of customer personnel.
- Complete timely & thorough service reports, timecards, expense reports, etc.
- Provide remote & over-the-phone troubleshooting service.
- Travel extensively within North America for a few days up to a few weeks at a time.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and foster loyalty to the BID Group.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a background and/or education in one of the following: Control systems or electrical engineering, electrical or electronic engineering technology.
- Strong programming and computer skills are an asset. Experience with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, FactoryTalk View SE/ME, RS Logix 5000/500/5, and Studio 5000 is beneficial, but training is provided as required.
- Be ready to learn, honest, autonomous, methodical, pay superior attention to detail, and possess excellent communication skills while working in a professional manner with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Be able to function under pressure and enjoy customer contact, have leadership qualities and enjoy teamwork.
- Preference may be given to those with work experience with sawmill / planer mill equipment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, climb up to three flights of stairs and lift up to 50 lbs.