COME WORK WITH US!
BE PART OF BID.
The Electro-Mechanical technician is a highly motivated professional working in the BID Group Technologies division. As a key member of the Automation team, you will be involved extensively in installing, commissioning, maintenance, fine-tuning, and electro-mechanical systems. These systems include variable frequency drives, hydraulics, pneumatics, controls devices, vision and scanning systems, and other sub-systems designed and integrated by BID Group. The ability to travel to customers’ sites and form a close working relationship with team members, engineering and project management departments is a must in this role. We empower our people to do their very best, and we strive to create a flexible and fun working environment that will encourage innovation and job satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to and promote company safety standards.
- Assist project teams in on-site system commissioning, building your knowledge and relationship with customers.
- Complete on-site installation, fine-tuning, commissioning , and training of customer personnel.
- Complete timely & thorough, timecards, expense reports, etc.
- Travel extensively within North America for a few days up to a few weeks at a time.
- Train customer personnel on systems in a classroom environment.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and foster loyalty to the BID Group.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a background and/or education in one of the following: Control systems or electrical engineering, electrical or electronic engineering technology.
- Strong programming and computer skills are an asset. Experience with Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, Outlook, FactoryTalk View HMI, Allen Bradley PLC5, and Allen Bradley ControlLogix is beneficial but training is provided as required.
- Be ready to learn, honest, autonomous, methodical, pay superior attention to detail, and possess excellent communication skills while working in a professional manner with customers, vendors and co-workers.
- Be able to function under pressure and enjoy customer contact, have leadership qualities and enjoy teamwork.
- Preference may be given to those with work experience with sawmill / planer mill equipment.