COME WORK WITH US!
BE PART OF BID.
Prince George, BC, St. George, SC
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, your main tasks will be to participate attentively in the design and coordination of construction drawings in a forestry industrial setting.
Understanding of Sawmilling Log and Lumber handling an asset
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be able to make necessary modifications to drawings using AutoCAD
- Produce General assembly Construction drawings, Structural Steel, Concrete, sub-assemblies, manufacturing and with CAD
- Occasional travel and On-Site field notes
- Work in high paced engineering office
- Create layout drawings for manufactured equipment, support steel structures, concrete foundations, Buildings for client review and construction
- Majority of weekly work week will consist of drafting and checking drawings
- Check Design concepts and drawings are achievable according to equipment requirements, existing site conditions and material process
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Good communication skills and a strong sense of professionalism when interacting with crews, engineering, drafting staff, land surveyors, and clients
- Strong mathematical and computer skills
- Demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate accuracy, neatness and professionalism in the development of survey products
- Customer service orientation
- Basic knowledge of steel. (i.e.: wide flange channel, flat bar)
- Basic knowledge of Design Equipment (bearings, belts, speed reducers, etc)
- Be honest, professional, able to work autonomously as needed, and understand attention to detail