COME WORK WITH US!
BE PART OF BID.
Prince George, BC
The privately-owned BID Group of Companies has over 30 years of experience in providing industry leading solutions for our highly valued customers. Powered by BID Construction, Comact, PHL, DelTech, BID Service, McGehee, MoCo, Miller Manufacturing and Vibra-Pro, our company provides efficient and reliable equipment and services that exceed our customer’s expectations. Our ability to provide turnkey solutions that include engineering, project management, installation, start up, and after-sales service furthers our strategic value to our customers.
Under the supervision of the drafting manager, the designer/drafter will work within our engineering team to supply fabrication, detail, and installation drawings for a variety of products related to the sawmill industry.
General Skills & Qualifications Required:
- Applicants should have a diploma, certification, or associates degree in mechanical engineering technology or equivalent; ideally with at least 2 years of experience
- Proficiency with applicable software such as Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of the different products and components used in the manufacturing and design of sawmill equipment (bearings, motors, reducers, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals as well as a strong team player
- Accuracy, attention to detail and to complete work in a timely manner
- Adapt to tight deadlines, occasional heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Overtime when required
- Extended Health Care, Dental Care and Vision Care
- RRSP Matching
- Casual Dress Code
If you have the job qualifications and are looking for a challenge, please submit your resume today. Every job application is treated confidentially. Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.