COME WORK WITH US!
BE PART OF BID.
Field Automation Service Technician
Prince George, BC
DelTech Manufacturing (DelTech) is a North American leader in the design and manufacture of equipment for energy production, lumber drying, and power generation. DelTech offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market, producing everything from simple PLC systems to full turn-key thermal oil heating systems coupled with electrical power generation and/or lumber drying kilns or material dryers. DelTech strives to produce equipment that exceeds the needs and expectations of our customers and has the support of over 120 employees working out of its base office in Prince George, BC.
DelTech is currently looking for a candidate to fill a Field Automation Service Technician position. Reporting to the Automation Manager, the applicant will participate in the service, maintenance, and commissioning of a broad range of industrial automation systems, which will include programming, commissioning, field servicing, maintenance, fine-tuning, and upgrades. The ability to travel to customer’s sites and form a close working relationship with clients, team members, engineering and project management departments is a must in this role.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Adhere to and promote company safety standards.
- Generation of project technical documentation, service reports, timecards, expense reports, etc.
- Programming PLC/HMI systems for different types of industries.
- Configuration of instrumentation and devices including VFDs, networks, transmitters, and actuators.
- Complete on-site, remote & over-the-phone troubleshooting service, fine-tuning, and training of customer personnel.
- Be part of a project team and participate in on-site system commissioning, building your knowledge and relationship with customers.
- Travel extensively within North America for a few days up to a few weeks at a time.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and foster loyalty to the BID Group.
- Post-secondary education or bachelor’s degree in Industrial Electronics, Electrical Engineering, or instrumentation engineering program with a specialization in industrial automation or an equivalent.
- 5 years or more of relevant experience, preferably in the sawmill, pellet, or biomass industry.
- Knowledge of all Rockwell products (Allen-Bradley), Wonderware HMI, FactoryTalk View HMI, SQL database.
- Possess leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, enjoy challenges and work well under pressure.
- Knowledge of basic computer systems.
- Have a good knowledge of English, spoken and written.
- Be available to travel to our clients’ location for periods varying from one to three consecutive weeks.
You must possess strong communication skills and demonstrate a capacity for teamwork. You must also have initiative, be autonomous, and demonstrate that you are able to effectively evolve in a constantly changing environment. You enjoy challenges and working with equipment that is on the cutting edge of technology, you want to be part of a dynamic team, and you want to participate in the success of a growing company? We want to hear from you.