COME WORK WITH US!
BE PART OF BID.
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1800 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
We are looking for a Red Seal or Apprentice Machinist to join our division. Responsibilities include the manufacture and repair of mechanical equipment using manual lathes, milling machine, radial arm drill, pedestal grinder, and small hand tools. Apprentices must have a minimum Level 1 technical training or equivalent.
What you can offer
- The ability to work safely in a production environment
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong math skills
- A strong capacity for teamwork
- A willingness to learn and take direction
- Good communication skills
- Actively pursuing a career as a machinist
What we can offer
- Competitive compensation plan
- Apprenticeship opportunities
- Full time, permanent position
- Paid overtime
- Extended health & dental insurance
- Optional RRSP + employer matching
Recruitment for this position is ongoing and applications will be reviewed on a regular basis. Every job application is treated confidentially.
Thank you for your interest.