COME WORK WITH US!
BE PART OF BID.
Prince George, BC
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1800 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
As a manufacturing supervisor for the DelTech division of BID Group, you will use your knowledge and leadership to safely guide a team to carry out different manufacturing projects. You will also make sure to properly dispatch responsibilities within your team, to follow the production schedule.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee safe use of equipment and adherence to safety guidelines/company standards
- Instruct new employees on how to safely use machinery and follow procedures
- Establish daily, weekly, and monthly objectives; communicate them to employees
- Manage workflow by assigning responsibilities and following production schedules
- Guide and coach employees
- Perform quality control inspections
- Prepare reports on progress and present them
- Identify issues in efficiency and suggest improvements
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years’ experience as a supervisor
- Proficient in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Ability to read blueprints
- Manufacturing Trades background is an asset
- Familiar with pipe/pressure vessel fabrication and welding procedures
- Must be familiar with standard QC practices including NDE, document control, weld mapping, and pressure testing
- Fluent in fabrication of pipe and piping components as per schematic
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints drawings for welding process specifications
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation plan
- Full time, permanent position
- Paid overtime hours
- Health care insurance
- Retirement savings plan