COME WORK WITH US!
BE PART OF BID.
Mechanical Service Technician
Prince George, BC
BID Group Technologies, DelTech Division
Office Location: Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1800 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to and promote company safety standards
- Ensure customer satisfaction with BID Group
- Read and interpret plans, instruction manuals and charts
- Install, align, and adjust mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components using manual, pneumatic and electrical tools
- Carry out on-site drilling, tapping, threading, welding operations, any other operations as required by supervisor
- Check and fill out the different steps in the inspection report progressively as machine components are assembled
- Use different lifting and manual handling tools as needed
- Preparing equipment so they are fully operational
- Be willing to work remotely 90% of the time
- Complete preventative maintenance following checklists
- Carry-out scheduled service visits
- Complete timely & thorough service reports, timecard, & expense reports, etc.
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: Hot dirty conditions, physically demanding. Handling of heavy loads. Standing for extended periods. Bending, crouching, kneeling.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- This is an Entry level position; trade certification is not required (opportunity for a Millwright apprenticeship is available)
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with solid understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems is an asset
- Ability to read fabrication & assembly drawings is an asset
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Be honest, autonomous, and methodical, with superior attention to detail using sound judgement skills
- Experience in a Sawmill industry or with Energy Systems is an asse
- Have a strong verbal and written communication skills with competent computer skills: Word, Excel, and Email
- Ability to travel to mill locations within North America.
- Confined Space knowledge is an asset (training available)