COME WORK WITH US!
BE PART OF BID.
St. George, SC
Located at our St. George, South Carolina division, the Outsourcing Purchaser’s will report to the Purchasing Manager and his/her main task will be to actively assist during the whole purchasing process of outsourced components fabricated for our production facilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow the outsourced projects at our different vendors
- Prospecting for new suppliers in the required fields. Follow up/perform parts inspections upon delivery
- Develop and implement purchasing strategies based on the financial and material resources of the company to meet the set goals
- Follow up on the purchasing process according to quotes and drawings
- Follow up on production deadlines, prices and part quality
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Training in purchasing management and/or inventory management OR combination of relevant training and experience
- 2 years of relevant experience in a similar position in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Ability to master subcontracting in machining operations and welding processing
- Knowledge in blueprint reading
- Basic knowledge of industrial manufacturing processes (materials, supplies, etc)
- Ability to negotiate and to manage a customer-supplier relationship
- Ability to use various office software (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Have a developed sense of organization, interpersonal skills, autonomy, curiosity, and ability to work under pressure
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation plan
- Full-time, permanent position (40 hours/week)
- Health care insurance
- Retirement savings plan