COME WORK WITH US!
BE PART OF BID.
British Columbia (Regional), Prince George, BC
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacture of equipment for wood processing plants. The company responds mainly to North American demand, but also to international demand. BID Group offers a wide range of products on the market ranging from mechanical equipment through control to digital vision optimization systems. We offer our customers the best solution by providing a full range of innovative world-class equipment, services, and turnkey facilities.
The company integrates its products and technologies to deliver fully automated production lines. BID Group has more than 1,800 employees who work in different divisions across North America.
We are currently looking for a Power Engineer to join our growing and dynamic team.
- Hold a 4th class Power Engineer certificate or higher;
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in thermal oil system operation;
- Experience in operating biomass energy systems, steams and thermal oil;
- Plant management experience or supervision is an asset;
- Solid computer proficiency (Word and Excel);
- Ability to read and draft P & IDs;
- Willing to travel (British-Colombia and Alberta).
Skills and competencies
- Strong analytical, problem solving and synthesis skills;
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written;
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Proven leadership skills;
- Ability to deal with multiple tasks and demands.
The power engineer will have the following main responsibilities:
- Daily rounds noting temperature, pressures and flow for thermal oil and steam systems;
- Inspect, monitor and maintain the operational integrity of power plant services equipment by troubleshooting and following up on all equipment failures in a timely manner, inclusive of minor repairs;
- Troubleshoot process and power plant related problems;
- Operate HMI and controls system;
- Complete all required log entries, records and reports accurately and on time;
- Collaborate with other departments as required to ensure safe and efficient operations;
Mainly field work with the possibility of some office work during periods when no field activities are scheduled.
You like to take on challenges and work with state-of-the-art equipment, you are looking to be part of a dynamic team and you want to participate in the success of a growing business. This opportunity is for you.
Preference will be given to those with biomass combustion and thermal fluid experience.