COME WORK WITH US!
BE PART OF BID.
Salmon Arm, BC
The BID Group of Companies is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1800 employees working in our many divisions located around North America.
Under the Team Leader’s supervision, the position holder is responsible of assembling, installing and adjusting the mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components, to ensure proper operation of the industrial machinery. Our fast-paced manufacturing facility is looking for highly motivated team players to join our group. Red Seal Millwright certification or equivalent experience is required.
Skills and competences
The Mechanic must:
- Demonstrate autonomy
- Be responsible
- Be a good team worker
- Be meticulous
- Have precision and attention to detail
- Knows how to read plans (blueprint)
- Pneumatics and hydraulics knowledge
- AutoCAD and SolidWorks knowledge (an asset)
The Mechanic will be in charge of:
- Read and interpret plans, instruction manuals and diagrams.
- Install, align and adjust mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components, with manual, pneumatic or electric tools.
- Perform drilling, tapping and grinding operations, then spot weld as needed.
- Proceed to oil fillings as needed.
- Check and complete the inspection report steps as the machine components are assembled.
- Use different lifting and handling equipment as needed.
- In addition to the tasks mentioned above, the mechanic could also be called to visit clients on-site.
What we can offer
- Competitive compensation plan.
- Full-time position 5 x 8 hr shifts Monday through Friday weekly.
- Paid overtime.
- Extended health and dental insurance.
- RRSP & DPSP + employer matching.
Recruitment for this position is ongoing and applications will be reviewed on a regular basis. Every job application is treated confidentially. If you are interested in working with us, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in BID Group Salmon Arm.