COME WORK WITH US!
BE PART OF BID.
Site Construction Manager
St. George, SC
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. We provide a full general contractor experience from clearing the site to turning the finished product over to the customer. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1500 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
Based out of our BID Group US office in St. George, SC, the Site Construction Manager will report to the Vice President – US Construction and be responsible for overseeing the construction phase of projects in accordance with the Company’s Standards, specifications, and guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Always ensure a” Safety-First” climate on the job site.
- Lead the safety culture of the site across all trades and sub-contractors.
- Lead all site-based construction activities including but not limited to: Civil site work, concrete, building erection, electrical and mechanical installations.
- Coordinate closely with owner’s representatives throughout project lifecycle.
- Coordinate the activities relative to the installation of new equipment, ensuring there is effective tie-in to existing equipment.
- Coordinate the activities relative to the installation of new equipment as well as tie ins to existing equipment.
- Supervise equipment installation, equipment upgrades, and start-ups on a day-to-day basis, ensuring timelines for project completion are strictly adhered to.
- Lead all personnel on site, including employees and sub-contractors.
- Communicate effectively among BID team members, sub-contractors, and the owner’s representatives.
- Lead daily and weekly site coordination meetings and participate in monthly project reviews.
- Manage procurement activities on the job site for site materials.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must be hands on, self-motivated, and have intense drive for excellence.
- Practical hands-on construction leadership experience.
- Minimum of eight (8) years relative construction industry experience.
- Minimum of 4 years will be considered for assistant construction manager roles.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Proficient at reading and following schedules
- Ability to lead teams with humility and respect.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Sawmill industry experience is beneficial but not a definitive requirement.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Willing to travel and work 20 days on 8 days off at sites throughout the Southeastern USA.
Salary and benefits
- Hourly position determined by experience.
- Per Diem
- Two weeks paid vacation
- Company Vehicle
- Health Insurance
- 401K plan