COME WORK WITH US!
BE PART OF BID.
Technical Documentation Coordinator
British Columbia (Regional)
*New job opportunity in our new BID Group Construction Canada division!*
If you are a civil or mechanical engineer technician, or have similar training and experience; are you organized, meticulous and resourceful? Our team is growing, and here’s a great opportunity for you!
Why become a Technical Document Coordinator at BID Group?
- Be part of a fast-growing department where you’ll be involved in the heart of the action and where you’ll be able to take on stimulating challenges.
- Take on non-routine tasks that will showcase your drafting, project management and data collection skills.
- Occasionally travel to our various job sites to meet with customers across Canada.
- Work with experienced colleagues who are happy to share their knowledge and experience.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Be in charge of the construction site layout.
- Take all the information to the same drawing (or drawing assemblies), including equipment, civil, chuting, etc.
- Confirm that all required information is shown for on-site construction teams.
- Control the revision process and communicate the correct version to use.
- Participate in mill design and work with the equipment and construction engineering departments.
- Support the sales/quotation process.
- Work on sales general arrangement to gather all available information.
- Participate in sales meetings with customers as required.
- Build sketches to help understand of scope of supply.
- Help elaborate the scope of supply for the project.
- Prepare RFQ on different project components for BGCC (construction division) purchasing as required.
- Help in the preparation of the final construction quote.
- Be the sites’ document manager:
- Ensure that drawings/documents are available for on-site team.
- Manage document revisions.
- Be the point of contact for integrating project components:
- Help on-site team to find required information.
- Lead technical problems resolution with other company departments.
- Make sure that all technical documents are available for project components.
- Conduct post-project reviews with the site manager to identify positive and negative points, in order to help with project continuous improvement and feed the postmortem project review with the team.
- Support on-site teams on the technical side.
- Participate in BGCC weekly Leadership meeting.
- Own project documentation library (Procore/SharePoint/other to be defined)
- Train team members on documentation tools as required.
- All other related tasks.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent AutoCAD knowledge.
- Ability to read 2D drawings.
- Excellent 3D vision.
- Availability to occasionally travel to different construction sites.
- Good French and English communication skills.
- Good problem resolution skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
What we offer
- A professional development approach tailored to each team member’s strengths and ambitions.
- Being part of one of Quebec’s largest companies, revolutionizing the wood processing industry and continuing its transition to Industry 4.0.
- A wide range of attractive benefits (group insurance including dental and vision care, assistance program, telemedicine, etc.), competitive salary and group RRSP with employer matching.
- A stimulating, fun and constantly evolving work environment.